The Obama campaign came out with a video attacking the idea that we’re not better off today than we were 4 years ago.
As I’ve shared HERE – exactly four years ago … here is what the country was talking about:
- Washington Post on 9/17/2008: “Wall Street’s business model has collapsed.“
- Bloomberg on 10/13/2008: “Subprime collapse to global financial meltdown: Timeline“
- NPR on 9/26/2008: “The week America’s economy almost died“
- HuffPo on 9/14/2008: “Greenspan: This Is The Worst Economy I’ve Ever Seen“
- Pew Research on 10/12/2008: “ECONOMY SHRINKS, TACTICS GROW, IN MEDIA NARRATIVE“
- WSJ on 9/15/2008: “Crisis on Wall Street as Lehman Totters, Merrill Is Sold, AIG Seeks to Raise Cash“
- CNN on 10/22/2008: “Mass layoffs highest since 9/11“
- USA Today on 10/2/2008: “U.S. car sales in September were the worst since 1993“
- HuffPo on 10/14/2008: “Financial Crisis Suicide Numbers Mounting“
- CNN on 9/15/2008: “Lehman Brothers collapse stuns global markets“
- Wikinews on 10/6/2008: “Worldwide markets fall precipitously“
- NY Times on 9/15/2008: “Wall St.’s Turmoil Sends Stocks Reeling“
- Washington Post on 9/30/2008: “A Record Fall on Wall St.“
- Telegraph on 10/6/2008: “Dow Jones falls below 10,000 as global markets melt“
- Associated Press on 9/30/2008: “Dow falls 777 points, biggest one-day drop ever“
- Financial Times on 9/18/2008: “Panic grips credit markets“
- MSNBC on 9/20/2008: “Bush seeking $700 billion for financial bailout“
Bill Clinton did a great job of explaining this at the DNC when he said this HERE:
President Obama started with a much weaker economy than I did. No President – not me or any of my predecessors could have repaired all the damage in just four years. But conditions are improving and if you’ll renew the President’s contract you will feel it.
Or you could look at this chart of America’s GDP from Business Insider HERE:
Like us on Facebook?