The House Republicans just came out with a new budget for the future…Paul Ryan calls it “The Path To Prosperity”; you can read all about it HERE. There’s prosperity alright…but only if you are currently in the top 1% of incomes. Everyone else – you’re screwed. So – having reviewed the huge draconian cuts that House Republicans are proposing – Jonathan Bernstein asks 10 questions to help figure out whether or not you might like the Republican plan:
- Do you support eliminating the child tax credit?
- Do you support eliminating the deduction for mortgage interest?
- Do you support eliminating the National Weather Service and all of NOAA?
- Do you support eliminating Pell Grants and student loans?
- Do you support ending all federal spending on highways, air traffic control, and other forms of transportation?
- Do you support shutting down FEMA?
- Do you support shutting down federal prisons, the FBI, and other federal law enforcement agencies?
- Do you support ending all foreign aid — including Israel?
- Do you support eliminating NASA?
- Do you support eliminating the FDA and all food safety inspections?
If you answered Yes – then you’ll LOVE the House Republican plan because “The Path to Prosperity” has ALL of these cuts in them.
Like us on Facebook?